Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Drive to Blog as Noted by Calvin & Hobbes


I think Calvin's attitude may sum up my drive to blog, if somewhat sarcastically.  Thankfully, I don't ever seem to have a problem finding stimulating ideas on which to write.

By the way, when did you find out that Calvin and Hobbes was a strip specifically created to talk about philosophy and art?  If you have not yet read up on this; I highly recommend this wonderful article: 


Strip Philosophy: Calvin and Hobbes


I did not find out about the depth of the content until just this year after having enjoyed the content for over two decades!  (That is a hard commentary on how little I was exposed to critical information regarding philosophy while growing up.)  I now have a whole new light shed on exactly why I was drawn so much to the strip when I was younger.

No comments: