Friday, August 24, 2012

The Joy of Visual Exploration: Evaluating Your Evaluations


While preforming a mundane task this morning I was struck by the depth of color and contrast in this tree canopy. Every minute of every day we each take in a giant breath of sensory information. It is up to Our conscious and subconcious mind to attach meaning and hierarchy to that which we perceive.

I have found great knowledge in reflecting on what people, things, and events traditionally hold meaning for me and conversely which experirnces I seem to gloss over or fog away. Often I am not be too pleased with how I have attached hierarchies of value to my perceptions. While this reflection can be frustrating or unpleasant, it has been key to my ability to work twards the life and happiness of which I know I am capable of achieving.

No comments: