Monday, July 22, 2013

Choosing Hollow Shadows

When we choose to withhold our true feelings from others, we choose to live a life of hollow shadows.

Emotional honesty is my greatest personal value.  The more I have become empathetic to my own emotions, the more cohesive and authentic my external persona has become.  My new sensitivity to my own emotions has opened up my empathy for the internal states of others.  My relationships have strengthened, and my business effectiveness has soared.

My very first blog post (Identifying Truth in Real Time - Is it Safe?was on the topic of emotional honesty.  Since that post I have come to realize emotional honesty must start with one's self before it can be moved on to others.

In what relationships do you practice emotional honesty now?
With whom would you like to try greater honesty of your feelings?



No comments: